Try this easy guacamole for your next party, or just because!
TGIF – it’s party time! It’s almost Cinco de Mayo!
I have very little self control when it comes to dips and zero self control when it comes to guacamole. It is, hands down, one of my favorite foods. In fact, it’s not unusual for me to make a meal out of it. Pass the spoon, please!
There may even be mornings I make it a breakfast. Totally not kidding.
Here’s my absolute favorite guacamole recipe – it’s one that friends rave about each time I make it. It’s slightly smooth yet chunky, incredibly flavorful, and just the right amount of spice.
You’ll need 4 ripe avocados. I usually have avocados stocked in the refrigerator. Avocadoholic right here! How to tell if avocados are ripe: give the flesh a light squeeze, you want it to be slightly soft. If you’re not one to stock avocados, you can buy firm avocados at the beginning of the week, let them sit out, and within 2-3 days they are perfect.
All of the guacamole fixings can be prepared in advance; perfect for those summer parties! Combine the ingredients into an airtight container (except the avocado) and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Then, mash up your avocados and fold in the fixings. You’ve got guac in no time at all!
Easy & Flavorful Gruacamole
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 smalled tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely diced (removed seeds to make less spicy)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mash the avocado in a large bowl — I prefer a few large chunks throughout but this is to your liking. Squeeze lime juice on top and stir. Fold in the tomato, onion, jalapeño, garlic, salt (to taste), and cumin. Taste to make sure you don't need to add more salt.
- Fold in the tomato, onion, jalapeño, garlic, cumin, and salt (to taste). Fold in the cilantro.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, on tacos, added to a burger, etc.
PIN IT for later!