These are the fudgiest homemade brownies that you'll ever have and you'd never know that they were dairy free. The best part: no mixer required and made in just 1 bowl!
Freezing Instructions: These brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator then bring to room temperature. You can even microwave them for 3-5 seconds after they are thawed to give them that "oven fresh" texture.
1. Coconut Oil: You can use either refined or unrefined coconut oil for the brownies. Keep in mind that unrefined coconut oil has that coconut taste, while refined doesn't. Here's the only kind that I use.
2. Chocolate Chips: Any kind of chocolate chips can be used— semi-sweet, dark, etc. To keep this recipe dairy free, make sure that you're using dairy free chocolate. Enjoy Life is one of my favorite brands.
3. Sugar: If you don't have brown sugar, you can use 2 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
4. Gluten Free: I have made these with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour and they tasted great.
5. Optional add-ins: Use what you love! As long as it's 1/2-3/4 cup total then you're fine.