This post has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMazolaMarinade
Today marks the end of flavorless and bland chicken. If you're like me, you eat chicken often, but it can get boring. Today I'm sharing a recipe that is in my dinner rotation regularly. And with the warmer weather on the horizon, it's time to grill! This cilantro lime chicken marinade recipe using Mazola® Corn Oil, a product that I have been using for years. I'm thrilled to show you how well it does for grilling and why I love it so much. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
Mazola Corn Oil is a heart-healthy* cooking oil and creates marinades that make great-tasting food because it has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
After making this recipe for years, I've made tweaks along the way. I love this recipe because it's easy to prep ahead of time and has BIG flavor.
Why You'll Love This Chicken Marinade
- This marinade is made from minimal ingredients but provides BIG flavor.
- Most, if not all of the ingredients are one that you already have in your kitchen.
- It's a crowd pleaser— my trusty taste testers rave about this marinade every time I make it.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade Ingredients
- Chicken: You can use chicken breast or thighs, it's your preference.
- Mazola® Corn Oil: This oil added flavor and stands up to the high heat of the grill.
- Lime juice: Adds freshness and helps tenderize the chicken.
- Parsley: Adds freshness.
- Garlic: What's a marinade without garlic? So much flavor.
- Salt/Pepper/Cumin: For flavor.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Place the chicken in a large zip-topped bag or baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whisk together the Mazola Corn Oil, lime juice, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin. Pour the mixture over the chicken and make sure it's evenly coated.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
*see Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.