Here's my favorite healthier recipe for a breakfast favorite! It's moist, flavor packed and satisfying.
As promised, here is my favorite zucchini bread recipe aka theeee most addicting bread that you will ever make. Sorry in advance.
I baked this without the intention of sharing the recipe on my blog, but that quickly changed after loaf #1. Then loaf #2 the next day. And loaf #3 shortly after that. Between the 2 of us, family and a few friends, each were gone within 48 hours. What started as a way to use a couple lonely zucchini up after cleaning out the refrigerator, turned into a recipe that we loooooooooved and are obsessed with.
(I'm making another loaf this weekend.)
This recipe is:
- simple to make
- made with whole wheat flour
- sweetened with zero refined sugar (!!!)
- bursting with flavor
- insanely satisfying
and I'm SO excited to share the recipe with you today!
Having pre-made breakfast/snack options during the week is a must in this house. It's why I love zucchini bread so much– it's a breakfast favorite or a delicious mid-morning/afternoon snack. And it's one of those things that is great to have around when you want something a little sweet for dessert but not overloaded with butter and sugar. → Plus it has vegetables in it sooooo.
Before zucchini season is over, I plan on making a few (or 10) loaves to freeze for the coming months. Let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator and enjoy a big ol' slice of it whenever you want!
Get those ovens preheated!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
- 1 and 3/4 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted & slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- optional: 3/4 cup total chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Set aside. Whisk the coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, yogurt1, eggs, milk2, and vanilla in a medium bowl until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until combined. Avoid overmixing. Fold in the zucchini and any add-ins of your choice.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. If the bread is browning too quick, loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving. Cover and store leftover bread at room temperature for up to a week.
PIN IT for later!
Leave a Reply