With just 6 ingredients and only 15 minutes to make— these gluten-free almond butter chocolate chip cookies couldn’t be easier!
Welcome to day 2 of the first annual Cookie Week!
For those just joining, we started off yesterday with Chocolate Turtle Cookies and today I’m sharing an easy-to-make cookie recipe.
Let’s make Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
There are so many flourless cookie recipes out there. Like tons. I found though that most are bland or have an odd texture— who wants a cookie like that? It was my mission to create a new recipe that was packed with flavor and had the cookie texture that we’re used it. THICK AND CHEWY. It took a few disaster tries (fall apart batch #1 and too dense batch #2), but I finally landed on a winner. Third time’s a charm.
It’s that soft-baked, chewy, crispy edges that we love.
What Makes These Cookies The Best?
- BASIC EVERYDAY INGREDIENTS. The ones you can pronounce.
- 1 BOWL. Very little mess.
- FAST RECIPE. As in 5 minutes prep and 10 minutes to bake.
- FREEZER FRIENDLY. Good for up to 3 months!
- BONUS: PALEO. Easily use coconut sugar instead.
How to Make Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a simple cookie dough— like really simple. It’s made in just 1 bowl. The cookies get most of their flavor from the almond butter and vanilla, so make sure that you’re using quality brands. I prefer Trader Joe’s organic almond butter and Rodelle pure vanilla extract (none of that imitation stuff.)
Unlike most cookie recipes, chilling the dough isn’t mandatory. However, I find that letting the dough sit in the refrigerator while the oven warms up helps the almond butter solidify a bit if it was a bit too liquidy at the start.
Could these cookies BE any easier?
What is Cookie Week?
This year is the first annual cookie week! Every December I will share 5 brand new cookies recipes in a row just in time for Christmas! And don’t worry, there’s cookies for everyone– from sprinkles, to peanut butter, to the classics, and even gluten-free. Sign up for free email alerts whenever I publish a new cookie recipe.
See the recipes for Cookie Week so far!
Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups almond butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 2/3 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg. Add the almond butter, brown sugar, baking soda, vanilla and mix together until combined. Depending on how cold the almond butter is, you may have to use some some arm muscles. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the cookie dough and place in the refrigerator while the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Scoop the dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons, and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet and gently press down on the balls. The cookie dough may be a tad oily from the almond butter— that's OK. For looks, press a few extra chocolate chips into the top of each.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. The cookies will look under baked and soft— that's OK! If you prefer crispier cookies, bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a full 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Cover cookies tightly and store at room temperature for up to 1 week.