This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomemadePizzaCrust #HomemadePizza #CollectiveBias
This homemade vegetable pizza is made on a simple pizza crust using a go-to pizza dough recipe that you pile high with your favorite veggies! Skip the pizza delivery because homemade tastes even better!
Today I'm showing you how to make real deal pizza at home using my go-to homemade pizza dough recipe, a recipe that tests every ounce of self control. Because if you're anything else like, you could eat the entire pizza.
Pizza dough is the foundation and every great pizza begins with a pizza crust. Crust-less pizza? I don't think so! This homemade pizza crust has it all: soft and chewy while crispy with loads of flavor.
Homemade Pizza Dough Ingredients
All pizza dough starts with the same basic ingredients: flour, yeast, water, sugar, salt, and oil. Depending on how much of ingredient will depend on how what type of crust is produced.
- Yeast: I use Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast. I have the best results when I use this instant yeast. I favor this yeast over other brands because quality and taste— it makes making homemade worth it! You only need 1 standard packet of yeast (2 and 1/4 teaspoons) for this recipe. Make sure before you start that the yeast has not expired.
- Water: The water should be warm, not hot, otherwise it will the yeast. The water should be heated to 120˚F-130˚F. The right temperature of water (not hot, not too cold) is the most important factor of success of baking with yeast.
- Flour: Use a basic all-purpose white flour in this recipe.
- Oil: A couple Tablespoons of oil adds wonderful flavor to the dough.
- Salt: Flavor!
- Sugar: This helps increase the yeast's activity and helps tenderize the dough.
- Cornmeal: This is my trick! The cornmeal isn't in the house, rather it's used to dust the pizza pan. Cornmeal gives the pizza crust a little extra crisp.
How To Make Pizza Dough
It's much easier than you think!
- Mix the dough together by hand.
- Knead the dough by hand.
- Place the dough into a greased mixing bowl covered tightly and set aside to rise.*
- Punch down the risen dough to release the air bubbles.
- Roll out dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake pizza at a very high temperature for only 12-15 minutes.
*Here's what your dough should look like after it rises.
Let the family join in on the fun during the process. Include them in punching down the dough, shaping it into a circle, and adding their own toppings.
Find more recipes using yeast here!
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast (1 standard packet)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1 and 3/4 to 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare the dough: Whisk the warm water, yeast, and granulated sugar together in a bowl. Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes. All the oil, salt, and flour. Stir together until combined. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding additional flour, if necessary, until smooth (about 5 minutes). Place the dough in bowl and allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- While the dough rests, start the veggies. Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the veggies and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft. Set aside.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to 12-inch circle. Dust the pan or baking sheet with cornmeal. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread the sauce onto the pizza, then add the cheese and vegetables. Bake at 475 degrees until golden brown.