This easy baked herb crusted salmon is guaranteed to impress. It’s smothered in an herb mixture and is ready in under 35 minutes!
Like, really easy.
I don’t think you understand the level of greatness on which we’re about to embark. We all know that herb/lemon and fish go together like me and avocados. A couple weeks ago I made what I believe to be the BEST combination of herb/lemon and fish in the entire world. I might exaggerating, but you get it.
It’s THAT good!
On a night that I felt like doing absolutely nothing in the kitchen because I spent approximately 3042 hours in the kitchen that day, I made this easy baked herb crusted salmon.
Baked Herb Crusted Salmon Ingredients
There’s not many ingredients, most of which you most likely have already!
- Butter: You only need 1 Tablespoon of high quality butter. A little goes a long way in this recipe. You can also substitute with ghee if you need to be dairy-free. The butter helps give it flavor and keep the salmon moist.
- Spices: We’re using pantry staple dry spices like dried parsley, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Lemon: The lemon helps enhance the flavor of the fish while also helping keep it moist.
How To Make Baked Herb Crusted Salmon
It’s really simple. Like, laughably simple.
First, you’ll combine the spices together in a bowl. These are all “pantry staple dry spices” as I like to call them, meaning they are spices that most have in their kitchen already. You want to make sure the spices are mixed together well.
Now it’s time for the butter. The key is to brush the top of the salmon filets with a little bit of melted butter. Not much, a little goes a log way— you want a touch of that buttery flavor.
After you brush the filets with butter you’ll cover each filet with a generous amount of the spice mixture. Think about it like a crust. Make sure you press it into the filet so it sticks really well. Then, top each filet with a slice or two of lemon (depending on the filet size.)
I’m not kidding, that’s literally all you do.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s flavorful thanks to the variety of spices (and butter!)
- Easy for those busy week nights.
- Healthy but seriously filling!
- Done in just 25 minutes!
Who knew dinner could be so awesome? It’s time to EAT!
More Dinner Recipes You’ll Love
Easy Baked Herb Crusted Salmon
- 4 salmon filets, about 2 lbs total (skins on or removed)
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat. Arrange the salmon on the baking sheet.
- Brush the melted butter on top of each salmon filet. In a small bowl, mix together the parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon evenly onto each filet, spreading all over the top, and pushing it gently into the salmon so it sticks. Slice the lemon and place 1-2 slices of salmon on top of each filet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Serve with additional lemon slices, if desired. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for a 3 days. Reheat as desired.
- Salmon: I like to keep the salmon skin on while baking, but you can remove it if you prefer.
- Butter: If using salted butter, reduce the salt to 1/8 teaspoon in the rub.
- Bake Time: If you prefer slightly under done salmon, bake for a 15 minutes.