Cold and refreshing, this 5 ingredient frozen lemonade pairs perfectly with a warm sunny day!
Is there really anything better than a weekend full of sunshine, BBQs and warm weather? No. There is not. That's why we're kicking off the weekend with this frozen lemonade and it's your choice if you want to turn it into a cocktail!
Today's recipe is simple and refreshing— it's one of those recipes for anyone. What I love most about it is that it's not overly sweet like most. It's the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
Let's also not ignore the fact that this is an embarrassingly easy drink and it's perfect for any party. Add a touch of citrus-flavored vodka or run and it'll be like you're on vacation on a tropical island. One can dream, right?
Frozen Lemonade Ingredients
Ice is the base of this recipe. Along with ice you'll need 4 other ingredients, basic ones too! Easy. All the ingredients get tossed into a high-powdered blender (this one is my favorite!) and spoon it into glasses. That's it!
- Simple syrup: If you're not familiar with a simple syrup, it's easy so don't worry. It's equal parts sugar and water.
- Lemon juice: What's lemonade without fresh lemon juice?!
- Lemon zest:
- Water: This helps balance out the tart and sweetness.
- Ice: This is what makes it a slushy!
Frozen Lemonade Should Be:
- Very very cold— the colder the better!
- Simple (minimal ingredients.)
What I love most about making homemade lemonade is that you can control the amount of sugar. I find that most lemonades are too sweet. We all have different preferences so feel free to increase the sweetness to your liking. I recommend using 1/2 cup to sugar
Frozen Lemonade (Mocktail or Cocktail!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 2 cups water
- 3 to 4 cups ice, depending on how thick you want it
- Make the simple syrup: Over medium heat, combine the 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow the syrup to cool completely.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, water, simple syrup, and ice into a high powered blender. Blend on high for 1 minute until it forms a "slushy". Add 1/4 cup more water if too thick or add a few more ice cubes if too thin.
- Garnish with lemon zest and slices, if desired. Serve immediately.
Try These Other Fun Cocktails/Mocktails!
- Rose Elderflower Spritz from Our Tiny Nest
- Rosé Lemonade from Emmy Lou Styles
- Watermelon Mint Cocktail from A Lunderful Life
- Blackberry Mint Gin and Tonic from Three Little Ferns
- Tequila Watermelon Refresco from The Okayest Moms
- Passion Fruit Apple Spritzer Mocktail from Jalisa Harris
- Rosemary Grapefruit Gin and Tonic from Much Most Darling
- 2 Simple Mocktails from Musings on Motherhood
- Cucumber Melon Splash Cocktail from Carefree Mermaid