This hot chocolate is ultra creamy, mega chocolate-y and made in a slow cooker— so easy that you can make it anytime! It's a recipe that will be on repeat during the colder months!
Let's take a break from whatever it is that you're doing right now and whip up a batch of this hot chocolate.
For the past month I've been CRAVING hot chocolate. That's really nothing new though— as soon as the colder months roll in, all I can think about is hot chocolate.
Like many of you I grew up on Swiss Miss. After being outside in the snow for HOURS, we'd come in and have endless cups of it. Sorry Swiss Miss, there's a new hot chocolate in town.
Why You'll Love This Hot Chocolate
- Made in a slow cooker
- Incredibly creamy
- A chocolate lovers dream
- Minimal ingredients
- Almost no work!
Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Chocolate: We're using semi-sweet chocolate for this recipe. You can use baking chocolate bars or chocolate chips.
- Cocoa Powder: Make sure that you're using unsweetened cocoa powdered.
- Sugar: Just a little bit of granulated sugar sweetens the hot chocolate perfectly.
- Vanilla: There's 1 Tablespoon— you read that right.
- Whole Milk: This is the base of the hot chocolate.
- Heavy Cream: Adding a bit of heavy cream to the hot chocolate helps give it the creaminess that it needs.
How To Make Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
This recipe truly couldn't be any easier— we're letting the slow cooker do the work for us!
- Add Ingredients: Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker. It doesn't matter the order, just that they make it in there.
- Whisk: Give the ingredients a good whisk. You want to make sure that the cocoa powder gets combined as best as you can.
- Let it Cook: Allow it to cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Give it a whisk every 1-2 hours.
- Serve with Toppings: Serve warm with your favorite toppings (marshmallows, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, etc.)
This recipe is my weakness. I'm all about a GIANT cup with a pile of whipped cream on top.
Easy Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 5 cups whole milk
- 3 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- toppings: marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chocolate candies, etc.
- Place all the ingredients into a large slow cooker. Here's the one— I own and love worth every single penny. Whisk the ingredients together to get the cocoa powder combined as best as you can.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours— whisking every hour to make sure the chocolate doesn't burn on the bottom.
- Serve warm with marshmallows or other favorite toppings. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and warm up on the stove or in the microwave.
Easy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate - Run Lift Eat Repeat
This hot chocolate is ultra creamy, mega chocolate-y and made in a slow cooker— so easy that you can make it anytime!
Preparation Time: PT
Cooking Time: PT
Total Time: PT