This avocado egg toast is a simple breakfast that takes just 10 minutes. With just 5 ingredients, this breakfast will keep you full for hours!
I'm so excited to bring this 10-minute avocado egg toast back in the spotlight! This recipe was originally published a couple years ago and it's still one of my favorite recipes. In fact, it's been on repeat these last few weeks.
Quick and easy recipes that double as breakfast and snacks are life savors for me— I try to be as productive as I can during nap time so I don't have much time to make something extravagant. There are a few usuals I stick to: vanilla almond granola, blender banana oat pancakes, banana bread, and avocado toast.
Why You NEED to Try This Avocado Egg Toast
- Simple to make
- Keeps you full for hours
- Perfect when you don't have much time
- That yolk
Avocado Egg Toast Ingredients
- Bread: Any bread works, I normally use a whole grain bread like 21 Grain or Health Nut.
- Cream Cheese: You don't need much, just about 2 Tablespoons. I'm dairy-free (thanks Elle), so my go-to is Kite Hill Plain cream cheese. For someone that loves cream cheese, this is really good!
- Avocado: You need 1 avocado, 1/2 on each slice of bread.
- Eggs: You'll need 2 eggs. My go-to brand is Vital Farms.
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning: Or any of your favorite spice combination (salt/pepper at a minimum!)
Let's Make Avocado Egg Toast
It's low maintenance, takes about 2 minutes to prep, and a recipe that keeps you full for hours— even this breastfeeding mama.
Here we go!
- Toast the bread: Just for a couple minutes, you don't want it so toasted that you can barely bite into it.
- Cook the eggs: While the bread toasts, start the eggs.
- Add the cream cheese and avocado: First smear on the cream cheese, then mash the avocado on top of it. Then, add a little bit of seasoning.
- Add the egg: Place the egg on top on the bread.
Is Avocado Egg Toast Healthy?
I say this often to friends, but "healthy' is a relative term. What is healthy to one person, is not for another. From my perspective, this recipe is healthy. The ingredient list has whole grain bread, a healthy fat, and lots of protein. But for someone that needs less carbs or lower fats, this might not be the best option. When it comes to recipes that are labeled "healthy", use your best judgement for if they are healthy for you.
10-Minute Avocado Egg Toast
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 whole avocado, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Everything But The Bagel seasoning, separated
- Place the bread slices in the toaster and toast for about 2 minutes, or to your liking.
- Meanwhile, start the eggs. In a skillet over medium heat, crack the eggs gently into the pan. Sprinkle on 1/2 teaspoon of the seasoning, or some salt/pepper if you prefer. Allow the eggs to cook for about 4 minutes— do not flip. You want the egg whites to be cooked through, but the yolk not set. If you want more well done eggs, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once the bread is toasted, spread the cream cheese on each slice. Then, add half the avocado to one and the other half to the other. Sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 teaspoon on top of the avocado. Then, add the egg on top. Serve immediately.
- Bread: Any bread works, I normally use a whole grain bread like 21 Grain or Health Nut. If needing this to be gluten-free, be sure to use a certified GF bread.
- Cream Cheese: Use your preferred cream cheese. I'm dairy-free so my go-to is Kite Hill Plain cream cheese. For someone that loves cream cheese, this is really good!
- Seasoning: I prefer to use Everything But The Bagel Seasoning, but feel free to use what you have, or just salt and pepper.
- Eggs: For more well-done eggs, cook for an additional 1-3 minutes based on your liking.
Leave a Reply