Look no further for the most perfect vegan no-bake cheesecake recipe. Use this simple no-bake recipe and you'll have a creamy and quick dessert. Unlike regular cheesecake, it's light and refreshing! Have fun with the toppings too!
If I had to choose a dessert to enjoy for the rest of my life, I would absolutely choose cheesecake, carrot cake, and cookies. Because in that world I can actually pick three and they are both equal in my eyes.
This show-stopping no-bake cheesecake needs to come with a warning label. Seriously, it does. It's so creamy and has a thick multi-layer graham cracker crust. You will not be able to stop. Thankfully you have your own jar!
The best part: you can easily make this year round. Too hot out to turn on the oven? Make no-bake cheesecake. No room in the oven during the holidays? Make no-bake cheesecake. Need an activity for the kids on a rainy day? Make no-bake cheesecake. You get the point.
What is No-Bake Cheesecake?
No-bake cheesecake is exactly that it sounds like! Both the graham cracker crust and the cheesecake filling never see the inside of an oven so it's perfect for the warmer weather. Or for when your oven is full during the holidays.
Since there are no eggs and baking, there's really no way that you can mess it up. If you've ever baked a regular cheesecake, you know what I'm talking about. There is nothing complicated about this recipe.
Here's Why You'll Love This Vegan No-Bake Cheesecake
Not only is it incredibly delicious...
- Easy recipe
- Super creamy filling
- Just 2 bowls— which means minimal clean up
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Lots of topping options
- Convenient to transport to parties, BBQs, & events
- NO BAKING
How to Make Perfect Vegan No-Bake Cheesecake
Like I mentioned earlier, this no-bake cheesecake recipe isn't complicated. Beat the filling ingredients together, then layer in the graham cracker crust and the filling into the jars, and refrigerate. The cheesecake filling is made in just 1 bowl.
Here are the cheesecake filling ingredients.
- Cream Cheese: Because this recipe is vegan, there isn't really the luxury of using block-style cream cheese so find a thick cream cheese. See the notes in the recipe for my recommendation.
- Coconut Cream: Beating coconut cream until it becomes thick is the secret to a thicker filling. But don't worry, if you're not a fan of coconut the filling does not taste like it.
- Yogurt: Add a little yogurt for that tangy cheesecake flavor.
- Powdered Sugar: Not only does the sugar help sweeten the cheesecake, it also helps thicken it too.
- Vanilla Extract: A splash— by that I mean a Tablespoon— adds something special to the filling.
Vegan No-Bake Cheesecake Jars
Look no further for the most perfect no-bake cheesecake recipe. Use this simple no-bake recipe and you'll have a creamy and quick dessert. Unlike regular cheesecake, it's light and refreshing! Have fun with the toppings too!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 jars
- Category: Dessert
- ¼ cup unsalted vegan butter, melted
- 12 graham crackers (about 1 and ½ sleeves)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) full fat coconut cream (do not shake can)
- 2 cups dairy-free cream cheese
- ½ cup dairy-free yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Have the jars ready, set aside.
- Make the crust: Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium heat-proof bowl or use the stove. Stir in the graham crack crumbs— I like to do this with a fork. The mixture will look like wet sand. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Scoop the thickened coconut cream (the top layer) in a large bowl leaving the liquid behind. Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the coconut cream on high for 1-2 minutes or until thick and creamy. Beat in the cream cheese, yogurt, and vanilla extract together on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Make sure there are no large clumps in the mixture. If there are lumps, keep beating until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar on medium, increasing to high until completely combined.
- Assemble: Spoon a heaping Tablespoon of the graham cracker crust into the jars. Then, spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of the filling into the jars. Repeat. If there's any left over crust or filling, you can use it up or discard.
- At this point the cheesecake jars are at room temperature, so if you'd like to serve them chilled, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days. I find they taste best when chilled. Add the toppings of your choice (fruit, etc.) up to 2 hours in advance.
- Cover and store leftover cheesecake jars in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make Ahead Instructions: The cheesecake jars can be made up to 3 days in advance. You can also freeze pre-made jars for up to 3 months when stored with airtight lids.
- Coconut Cream: You want full fat coconut cream and be sure to not shake the can— you want the thickened coconut cream on the top (without the excess liquid.)
- Cream Cheese: It's hard to find vegan cream cheese in a block-style so just make sure the kind that you get is thick. I prefer to use Kitehill.
- Yogurt or Sour Cream: You can use either of these to give the cheesecake that tang that you're used to. I prefer to use a thick vanilla yogurt. Typically I use Forager yogurt or Kitehill sour cream.
- Make More: You can easily double or triple this recipe. Keep in mind that beating times may increase due to the volume.