Happy Sunday! Easter is exactly 1 week from today, and a quick round-up of healthier recipes seemed appropriate.
Since it's just the two of us down here for Easter, we typically have a few friends over that don't have family nearby. Being in the south, it's typically beautiful outside every year so making recipes that I can throw on the grill is a must. The menu is always about 85% the same, but I always like to add a bit of variety so it doesn't get boring. If you're anything like me, you've been stalking Pinterest for healthier recipes that are quick and easy.
While I love a good ham, that's not my jam on Easter (but gimme some on Christmas!) I make lamb chops marinated with olive oil, garlic, fresh lemon juice, rosemary , salt & pepper— so much incredible flavor especially when grilled. I always have a potato side dish of sorts (this year I was thinking a grilled potato salad with fresh herbs?), throw on some grilled veggies (whatever I have on hand)– maybe a bright big fruity salad. There's only 4-5 of us so I can't go overboard!
As I was browsing Pinterest, I pulled together 15 healthier recipes that I think you'll love! No matter when your Easter celebration is– breakfast, brunch, or dinner– these recipes have you covered!
- By far my favorite muffins that don't taste skinny AT ALL: skinny peanut butter banana muffins
- The perfect make-ahead breakfast casserole from Sally
- Simple whole wheat oatmeal pancakes + throw in some fresh fruit!
- Healthier cinnamon rolls <-- these are my jam
- Throw together a granola bar with my two favorite granola recipes: vanilla nut & peanut butter
- This bright + colorful raspberry & pear salad— def on the menu for me!
- A recipe I make often: oven roasted parmesan garlic potatoes (sometimes I omit the parmesan to be dairy-free!)
- Ham lovers unite from A Spicy Perspective
- Limited time? Try this one hour Easter dinner from Chelsea's Messy Apron.
- Easy balsamic roasted vegetables from Happy Heathy Mama or a rainbow of bright + colorful roasted veggies
- I'm a big lover of pasta so this maybe with some protein pasta?
- Honey-cinnamon baked pears from Live Simply
- This bright and colorful greek yogurt fruit tart is simply amazing!
- Cheesecake is my weakness so this is perfect. Oh, or these greek yogurt lemon cheesecake squares from Spoonful of Flavor
- MY FAVORITE DESSERT ON THE PLANET MADE HEALTHIER! (totally required all caps)
- Flourless almond butter cookies from Live Well Bake Often
Let me know what's on your Easter menu. Any family recipes that you make or have a few healthier go-to recipes? Leave the links below, I'm always looking for others! Happy cooking + baking!